My usual and customary rate is $150 per 50 minute session. I may be able to lower my rate for financial need.
Good Faith Estimate You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
If you don’t have insurance or don’t intend to use insurance to pay for scheduled non-emergency health care services, federal law requires that health care providers and facilities provide you with an estimate of the expected charges for medical items and services at least 1 business day before the scheduled services are to be performed.
- If you are uninsured or not using insurance to pay for your health care services, and receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
Any patient may request an estimate of the expected charges for non-emergency health care services that have been ordered, scheduled or referred and state law requires that health care providers and facilities provide you with an estimate of the expected bill for medical items and services within 5 business days of the request.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected charge of any nonemergency items or services. This includes related charges like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- If you request an estimate and the actual charge for the health care services exceeds your Good Faith Estimate by the greater of: (i) $100; or (ii) 5%, we will provide a written explanation as to why the charges exceed the estimate.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
To find out more, go to https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises/consumers.
If you are on Medi-Cal and your health insurance plan is Partnership/Beacon (NOT KAISER BEACON), you may qualify for Medi-Cal to pay completely for services. Partnership is the health plan for people on Medi-Cal in the following counties: Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Solano, Yolo, Marin, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity. You may call me directly and I can check your eligibility or you can call Beacon Health Strategies (who manages this benefit on behalf of Partnership) at 1-855-765-9703.
I am currently not on any insurance provider panels. However, many insurance plans will reimburse you for seeing an out-of-network provider, although not as much as if you saw an in-network provider.
To determine if you have mental health coverage through your insurance carrier, the first thing you should do is call them. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand their answers. If you bring in your booklet, I will help you interpret it.
Some helpful questions:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- Am I required to see a network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Does my coverage include couples or family therapy or online therapy?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
I will gladly supply you with a form to submit for reimbursement from your company. Please be aware that using your insurance requires giving you an accurate mental health diagnosis. If you are concerned about this, we can discuss this issue. You can read more about insurance coverage in my Policies form available on this site.
I accept all major credit cards,
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!